Do you ever feel that making a compelling video is just too hard?
You desperately want to add video to your content marketing strategy. The stats agree that it’s a pretty great idea:
- Using video can help you double conversion rates and increase the time people spend browsing your site by 105%
- By 2021, video will make up 82% of all consumer internet traffic
- Businesses that use video see revenue grow 49% faster than those that don’t
But how can you make great video without working overtime, hiring expensive professionals, and spending thousands of dollars on equipment?
Make an irresistible video in minutes
Enter Biteable, and suddenly, you can make fun-to-watch videos in less time than drinking a cup of coffee. It’s incredibly easy to use and you can get started for free right away.
Let’s take a quick look at how it works.
1. Create your account
Head over to Biteable and click on the sign up button in the top right hand corner.
Time to create your free account! You can sign up:
- Using your email address
- Through your Facebook account
- Through your Gmail account
2. Create a new video
When you log in, your page will look a little something like this (but with no videos.)
To get started, click on Create a New Video.
3. Choose your video type
Now we’re getting to the big question. You need to decide what type of video you’re going to make.
While we’re all for diving in and exploring different ideas, having a clear purpose can help you craft a first-class video much faster. Here are some ideas for your first video:
- Answer a frequently asked question about your business
- Share findings from a recent study through a video infographic
- Turn a customer testimonial into a video and share it on Facebook or on your website’s landing page
Once you know what you want to say, it’s time to pick your format.
You can chose one of the suggested templates, or make your own by putting different scenes together from scratch. If you’re searching for something more specific, need a little extra inspiration, or just don’t have that much time, head over to our extensive template library.
We’ve got a template for every need, style and preference.
4. (a.) Putting your video together: The template way
Choose a template and select Edit Template or click on the blue arrow.
The scenes are laid out for you. All you’ve got to do is add your text and watch the video effortlessly come together. But what if you want to customize your template? Easy-peasy.
- Delete a scene: Click on the arrow key in the right hand corner of the scene and select Delete
- Add a scene: Click on the green button at the end of your scenes roll and pick what scene you’d like to add
- Move scenes around: Just grab the scene and drag it to the right place.
- Edit a scene: Click on it and edit the text in the text box
- Add your own images and/or video: Click on the green plus button then select Upload picture or Upload video
4. (b.) Putting your video together: The freestyle way
If you decided to make your own, you’ll need to give your project a name.
As soon as you’re done, click Continue. Things are about to get interesting.
Choose your favorite type of scene from the selection and click on it.
From here, you can select each scene for your video from within the theme. Once you get into more advanced video making, you can even mix and match.
5. Your color scheme
Your scenes are ready, and you’re happy with the text. Now it’s time to give your video a unique, on-brand look by adding color. Click on ‘Color’ at the top of the preview panel.
Use one of our custom palettes or click on Custom Colors to add your own brand colors. When you’re happy, you can go back to Timeline to preview the colors (hover your mouse over the preview panel and click Preview), or just go to the next step, Audio.
6. Adding sound
What’s a video without audio to make it pop?
Choose one of our tracks or upload your own. Not sure how to get the right sound? Check out our list of great places to find royalty free music for your videos.
Or, if music isn’t your thing, and doesn’t fit your video, you can add a video voiceover.
7. Bringing it all together
When you’re satisfied with the way your video looks, click on Preview. It’ll take a couple of minutes for everything to come together.
Once your video is ready, going back and editing is super simple. Just go back to the timeline, click on the part you’d like to edit and make the changes. You can add new scenes, catch spelling errors, and make sure everything flows together perfectly.
When you’re completely satisfied with your video, click on Publish This Video.
8. The published product
Your video is ready to share! If you want to get rid of the watermark or download a copy of the video, you’ll have to sign up for a Premium account, but you can still embed the free version on your website or publish to Facebook or Twitter.
Fun videos in seconds
Crafting a video with Biteable is quick and easy. Stop elbowing video aside for other types of content because they’re more familiar, and start making your own.
Not sure where to start? Check out this list of video ideas for your business and pick the perfect one for you.
If you need further help on the specifics of using Biteable, you should also check out our comprehensive FAQ.
Make your first video with Biteable today.