Few scenes are as emotionally compelling as the enormity and magnificence of space.
The Babylonians catalogued the stars, listing them alongside constellations and planets. The ancient Greeks took astronomy to new heights, creating models and using the movements of the cosmos to answer some big questions.
Infuse your own videos with some of this magic by using the grandeur of space video footage to create aspirational, visionary and atmospheric videos.
Premium Biteable users get access to 85,000 stock footage clips to use in their videos, as well as hundreds of pre-made stock footage templates. This includes plenty of stock footage of space, the stars and, of course, the night sky. So how can you make space stock footage clips a part of your next video? Let’s take a look!
Space video footage
And this is just a fraction of the space footage available with a Biteable Premium account. You can use space video footage to:
- Inspire: Space is a constant source of inspiration. It pushes us to inquire, go beyond what we know and to search the unknown. To boldly go where no one’s gone before. (Yes. We totally quoted Star Trek.)
- Create educational material: Want to teach others about the planets, Earth’s place in the universe, or Elon Musk’s latest venture? HD space footage is perfect for that.
- Celebrate your fandom: Videos don’t always have to be super serious. You can share stories about your favorite space adventures or create brand new ones.
Earth from space in HD
For years, people only dreamed about what the Earth may look like from space. Now we know, and it’s breathtaking. Almost every astronaut says the same thing when they come back from the moon or from space: Seeing our world, so beautiful and so fragile, puts our petty differences into sharp perspective. In a People magazine interview in 1974, Apollo astronaut Edgar Mitchell said:
From the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, “Look at that, you son of a bitch.”
You can use Earth from space HD footage to:
- Unite: Seeing the Earth from up there, seeing how small we are compared to the rest of the universe, can really help our perspective. Charities, NGOs, and global businesses can use this kind of footage to spread a message of unity.
- Educate: This type of footage is great to use for educational videos in the physical sciences. You can talk about the climate, water distribution, altitudes… you name it!
Spaceship stock footage
Spacecraft are amazing! Just to think how far we’ve come and how far we’re about to go is incredible and exciting.
Use spaceship stock footage to:
- Tell fantastic stories: Need to promote your sci-fi novel? Want to show someone a pre-visualisation of a game or movie? We may have just the thing.
- Share inspiring stories: Spaceships (and space) represent our adventurous side. The part that wants to go beyond what we know. Use spaceship footage to share stories of your personal wins, stories that push the boundaries of what’s possible.
- Explain historical stories: This type of footage is perfect for making videos about the history of space, past, present or future. Use it to tell the stories of astronauts like Yuri Gagarin and Neil Armstrong, or future pioneers like Elon Musk.
Stars stock footage
Even before Galileo looked at the stars through his telescope and the Hubble telescope helped us capture images of the depths of space, the stars have inspired us.
Use stars stock footage to:
- Share your dreams: Stars are a symbol of reaching out to the impossible, of achieving the improbable. Use them in videos that push the boundaries, videos where you share your vision of the future.
- Spark a love for astronomy: Make educational videos about astronomy. It’s one of our oldest sciences, a symbol of our desire to look to the stars and understand our place in the universe.
Night sky stock footage
It’s not just space and the stars beyond Earth that capture our imagination. For thousands of years, we’ve looked up at our own night sky, wondering what’s happening out there.
Use night sky stock footage to:
- Answer the big questions: Use night sky footage in videos that deal with philosophy and the big questions.
- Make spooky videos: This footage can add an extra creepy factor to Halloween inspired videos. Or, add murkier, darker stock footage of the night featuring the moon to add a flavor of uncertainty to your videos.
Videos that inspire
Something about space, the stars and the vastness of the universe can inspire us to think bigger, dream bolder, do better.
Using space stock footage in your videos can add a certain exploratory, almost mystical flavor to your videos. These images can awaken a longing for adventure, a desire to go out in the unknown — whether that means developing a business, growing a brand, learning more about the universe, or just stepping out of our comfort zone.
To gain access to all this stock footage and more, simply sign up to Biteable using the widget below.
Video marketing insights delivered to your inbox weekly.
Thanks for subscribing
You’ll now get our emails, fresh out of the oven, every week!